While we are always looking for talent in the following areas, click Apply Now to see a complete listing of open positions.
Network Security Engineer: Senior Level
- Location: Chantilly, VA, USA
- Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Clearance Status: Must be Current
Inferno Systems is currently looking to hire individuals for our Network Security Engineer positions. Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years experience. Individual positions within this labor category have additional qualification and competency requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The desired applicant for this position will have a solid understanding of network analysis, scripting/programming, CND, incident response and industry best security practices.
- Approximately 7 years of experience as a Network Security Engineer, or in the Cyber Security field or as a hands-on penetration tester.
- Motivated self-starter with an analytical focus, problem solving skills, time management skills, and a passion for computer, network, or cyber security.
- Self-motivated and actively seeks to enhance the group through knowledge sharing.
- Strong understanding of network/cyber security, penetration testing, and industry best security practices as they apply to computers and networks.
- Hands on experience with common scripting/programming languages to automate tasks and/or parse data. (c++, BASH, Python, Power Shell, & Regex)
- Significant experience working in a command line environment with multiple Operating Systems.
- Experience working with system architects, developers, and system engineering to ensure security considerations are part of system design.
- Experience and ability to research the latest security developments in the relevant operating systems to identify organizational impact.
- A deep understanding of the following:
- Operating systems, networking protocols, and system administration of Linux systems.
- Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP networking model and knowledge of the OSI model as it pertains to security.
- Experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and IPS logs.
- Significant experience with packet analysis using Wireshark or another tool.
- Must have experience with one of the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security discipline via industry certification such as: OSCP, SSCP, GIAC (Security Track).
- Significant experience working in Linux and hands recent experience with Linux network security tools (i.e. Metasploit, BurepSuite, nmap, IPTables and SELinux, etc.).
- Experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console (LogRhythm/Splunk preferred).
- Experience conducting incident response to include; research and identification of attack vector, malware mitigation and removal, and documentation of event.